Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday, November 11, 2009- (Kaki Furai)

Okay I needed to share one more thing (there's still a real blog entry below...even though I think it might be shorter than this one!).
You know you've just had a great meal out when the first thing you want to do when you get home (after changing back into your sweats of course) is to upload pictures of how delicious it was! Tonight is the monthly Rotary dinner meeting so my host dad wasn't home, therefore my host mom and I went out to eat as well. She took me to this random restaurant in the middle of the city hall building. Anyway we ordered scrumptious カキフライ – Kaki Furai – Fried Oysters! Oh my gosh was it good. The oysters were battered in panko and lightly fried. It came with lemon and tartar sauce (Japanese – “Tarutaru Sousu”) a fresh salad, a pickled cucumber side, a hot cup of miso soup, and a big bowl of rice into which you mixed a soft-boiled egg. The rice was gooey and warm, the soup was steamy, and the oysters were perfectly crispy and warm inside. I am still drooling!
Doesn't it look delicious?
Mama Sato enjoying her Kaki Furai as well. And the best part was she got full before she could finish so I got her extra oysters = )

2 comments:

  1. I love oysters so am glad you do, too. My favorite was charbroiled oysters I had in New Orleans one time. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEND SOME OF THAT FOOD to me. In minnesota. please.

    ReplyDelete