Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009-

What do you know? The rain held off all day. This moring was freezing cold yet the low, dark clouds did nothing but menace over my head as I biked to school. As the day went on the wind grew colder and stronger but the clouds cleared out. I’ve been told that this is the way of things for Nakagawa during the wintertime. Wasn't the sky cool though? Anyway, I snapped a couple more pictures of the fall colors today because I can tell that soon they'll be gone. I’m pretty sure they’re still calling for rain tomorrow though, which is a bummer because I’m scheduled to visit Ibaraki Prefecture again with the third year class this time. The fact that I am involved in all three years of the fishery program is really paying off. They are inviting me to all of the fun events and trips without really expecting me to do homework or big projects!

I’ve got soccer again tonight so I’m excited for that. It’s somewhat reassuring (and mind blowing) to think that it’s been a whole week already since I played last. I feel like it was just a couple days ago. I know with full weekends and good Rotary events to look forward to the hard months will be over before I know it. One last highlight of my day: I found out that a couple of the kids in my homeroom class love FRIENDS the TV show and watch it all the time (in Japanese of course). It’s a good thing I’ve seen every episode because we laughed and joked about that for quite a while today. I do feel like I’m become more of a “friend” to them than just an “exchange student.” So that’s got me feeling good as well. This last picture on the right is of a tombstone basically right on the edge of the forest that I bike by everyday. The red color leaves overhang the entrance to a dark cave in front of which the tombstone stands guard!

I also laughed when I realized that the most comments I’ve had on a post lately have been about fried oysters! Now I know what people really want to be reading about = )

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I especially like the vertical one!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete