Sunday, November 8, 2009

Saturday, November 7, 2009- (Part II Photos)

The awesome playground we played on this morning, it even had a zip line!
The mountains are like strange pieces of patchwork. The evergreens and the deciduous trees basically form tiny territories across the mountainside
The Akiyama area is known for its stone which is used in making concrete. This is a mountain that has been chipped away at for years, leaving it looking like a giant's staircase





One of the stone quarries













After my host parents picked me up from the cabins we made our way to a famous temple nearby called Manganji












Try reading this!












This is a shout out to you Kasey Wellman!! This is an entire shrine of 狐 Kitsune, you're favorite = )










Lunch was the best soba noodles I've had yet. They were very fresh, nice and thick, and, to use a very non-Japanese term, cooked al dente just like I like 'em. Papa Sato was slurping it down!








One more random picture from the temple. I really didn't understand this so if anyone knows what it is please be a lamb (that phrase always reminds me of Laurie Snesrud) and let me in on the secret. They're pretty funny though aren't they. They're just on a shelf right by the temple steps

2 comments:

  1. kitsune was my favorite goof ball :) and 10 points to you for using the word 'decidiuous' in a blog. xoxo you know who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam,
    You don't know me, but I am a friend of Lauren Reed's. I'm applying for an exchange next year.
    I can't remember what those dolls are called, but I know they come with out eyes, and when you start a goal you are supposed to paint one eye in. Then you set it somewhere where it will remind you to finish your goal. After you meet your goal you paint the other eye in. :-)
    -Lauren Acosta

    ReplyDelete