Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thursday, June 17 – Saturday, June 19, 2010-

I have been told by countless previous exchange students to enjoy the last few weeks of your exchange because they are by far the quickest of the entire year. Well I’m finding that to be sound advice. The past three days have zoomed by and now I find myself trying to catch my breath once more. The rush to pack so many things into my last week at Japanese high school has meant for long days - well that and the fact that I’m staying up way to late watching World Cup Soccer games too!!

Quick shout out to my AATG Germany Exchange 2006 friends. Can you guys really believe it has been four years since we were in Nürnberg? Parts of it seem like ages ago and others so clear it could be last week!! Well here’s to our awesome exchange, and to Saranya’s suggestion of Reunion World Cup 2014 Brazil =D

But back to my current nation – JAPAN!! I’ve been trying to take in as much as possible and it still feels like my cup is overflowing. It’s all of the little things too, for example a day of fishing and soccer with my homeroom class; a heartfelt collection of photographs and good-bye letters from Oshima-Sensei and my third year friends; and a delicious, but still sad, good-bye dinner with the Kobayashi’s at our favorite sushi restaurant. I really don’t have much time this morning either, I’m meeting Grace and Kris, two of my ALT friends, in order to spend the afternoon and evening with them in Otawara city to the north. And seeing as they’re going to be here in an hour and I’m still lying in bed I really ought to go!! =P So enjoy the photos, I should be able to write once or twice before my trip next Tuesday, but until then “Go Japan!!” Our game against the Netherlands is tonight; hmmm we’ll see how this one turns out!! Haha =\

I consider this "the setting of the rising sun." Kind of like the end to my Japanese exchange at Bato High School
~~~
The new fishbone background also ought to symbolize the finishing of Fishery School!! Haha, not to be morbid or anything =P
On Thursday I had my last fishery field trip. We went fishing all day at a river up north. The weather was (as you can see) perfect.
Then once we got back to school we all spent an hour or two playing soccer out on the pitch - GREAT DAY!!
Miki and his classic peace sign
Nasushiobara - the same area where I went skiing with the school back in January
Plenty of fish to be caught!
Tanaka taking a break from fishing. He has the right to as well, he's ranked as one of the top 10 Ayu Fishermen (of any age) in all of Tochigi Prefecture!! And that's saying something
Seiya and Yoshida-Sensei going over the day's catch
Misaki, Yoshida-Sensei (aka Katherine Norrie's twin), and Azu in the art room
Art was my very last period of school, so we had a fun going-away party and played games
Seiya, Miki, and Yoshida-Sensei
Ma and I pretending to use their incredibly generous going away present to me: a lacquer tray and real gilded Kyuushu pottery!!
I realized that the very first time we went out to dinner as a host family we went to this same restaurant. It seems like a long time ago but it was really just last January!! Crazy what six months can do
THIS is the picture from January!! haha, does Ma look older =)
I think they look like brothers more than the same guy seeing as he now wears glasses - funny

No comments:

Post a Comment