Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday, December 17, 2009- SNOW

It's currently snowing for the first time all winter here. It's amazing how much I have missed the snow and all of the traditions, games, songs, sports, and even hassles that the fluffy white stuff has brought for me the past 19 years. I finally feel like I can celebrate Christmas now. Whew, what a relief! More later, I'll even upload a pic of the ridiculously meager amount of snow that is falling, but at least it was enough for me to catch a snowflake on my tongue. I'm oddly at ease right now...off to school. Biking in the snow =)
----
Well I'm back home, unwrapped from my multiple layers of jackets, scarves, vests, long sleeved shirts, and more. The picture to the right is of the cliffs but if you look closely you can see tiny little snowflakes as well! hah, good luck, there weren't many...
The fact that it is still only in the 30s and 40s here is surprising to me. I think because Japanese buildings must be built with earthquakes in mind, their walls must be thinner and therefore heat-retention isn't exactly at the top of their list. I sleep every night with five thick blankets over my futon and still wake up chilly. But I'm not complaining by any means, because the cold is making it seem even more like Christmas! Today's snow was over before I even arrived at school, but for that brief while I had happy thoughts of blizzards, sledding, igloos, and snow days. A self revelation: I enjoy all four seasons! I can't wait for Christmas and still find it slightly unnerving that it is NEXT WEEK!!! Wow...
Look closely. This is the Sato's garden and if you're really observant you'll be able to stop the snowflakes [if you can't see them then at least enjoy the cool trees!]
There's a small creek that I cross everyday on my bike and I came home today just as the sun was setting. I couldn't resist stopping and pulling out my camera. I know I looked like a total foreigner again, but for a couple fun shots it was totally worth it [plus only like 3 or 4 cars passed by, so it was all good]
Another funky angle

1 comment:

  1. props to you for using the word "funky" in a blog. mad props. xox scrap

    ReplyDelete