Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Monday, December 14-Tuesday, December 15, 2009-

The highlights of my past two days have been the little things. An appreciation for tiny moments of happiness is something that I am learning to take away from this year.

There will certainly be days in your life when you flat out don’t have anything special planned and nowhere special to go, so find something small that makes you happy and enjoy that instead.

The illuminations at the Suiyuen Aquarium are held nightly until 8 o’clock thru Christmas Day, so tonight after dinner my host mom drove me over to see them. The water was a perfect mirror and the lights lit up the sharp winter air spectacularly. It was my little something. For lack of any better way to describe it, for 10 minutes I was freezing but “home” happy…

Can you believe that the bottom half is actually a reflection over the pond? It's so clear
Yay for Christmas lights. I have actually been quite impressed by the amount of Holiday Cheer I've found here in Japan. The big cities go all out in decorations, stores of course love another reason for people to buy gifts so there's music playing in every shop you step into, and "illuminations" such as these are more common that I'd have guessed.
I realized that if you look at this one sideways it looks like a fly's head!
I still can't believe how black the black is!
This one is using the "antique" effect on iPhoto. It looked cool so I kept it that way
Here's one of my previous blog pictures to show you a summertime day view of the aquarium. Cool comparison, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Sam1 - a poem for you ... you're quite a chap, who's had some crap (but don't we all), and yet you snap ... some awesome photos. the end We miss your winter camo-ed self around here (right now you would be harder to find than a snowhare dipped in powdered sugar.. which coinkydinkily, is what I'm sending you for a Chinese NewYear treat xo youknow

    ReplyDelete