Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday, October 18, 2009 (More Photos)-

These are just some extra photos I decided to add after I wrote the blog, they're random but fun:
The ridiculous number of koi in the lake we visited below. It puts my little koi pond on the right to shame!
The moss covered rocks that Japanese people love so much
I could easily lose myself in these forests (I mean that in both the poetic, nice version and the scary Little Red Riding Hood version as well)
竹 たけ Take Bamboo
The making of Devil's Tongue gelatin
Miki's Grandma and Grandpa helping to pour the molds. We decided it looks more like concrete than food!
Miki being Miki, and the giant bowl of simmering Devil's Tongue
Our finished product. It has the consistency of Swedish Fish (a random, but I think accurate comparison) and the flavor of whatever it's soaking in. So in this case Soy Sauce, Vinegar, and Wasabi

No comments:

Post a Comment