Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday, February 19 & Saturday, February 20, 2010-


Can this really be happening?

On today, six months since I left Minnesota (that’s right a whole half of a year) I had to say my first good-bye. It was to my good friend Min who is returning home to Seoul, Korea this coming Wednesday. I spent the afternoon with her and Max in Utsunomiya. It was fun, we spent the day simply joking around, window shopping, eating all you can eat okonomiyaki (delicious egg, meat and vegetable pancakes with a delicious flavor), taking purikura, and killing time in a café. It was a great way to see her off, but sad to say good-bye at the end. I truly hope to get the opportunity to meet up with Min sometime down the road in her home country of South Korea. But for today it was “take care!” with the hopes that sometime soon we will instead be saying “hey there!”

Travel safely Min-Chan!

Min and Max at Okonomiyaki
Min is a pro! Look at that perfect okonomiyaki =)
Min and I had really cool Tochigi Strawberry Tea. It had real strawberries floating in it. The strawberries here in my region are famous for being bright and red (think of the children's book where the mouse guards the big strawberry under lock and key, just like that...only no rodents...or bears...)

No comments:

Post a Comment