Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday, November 18, 2009-

Highs and lows.
High- I went straight from school to the Kobayashi's store where I helped for no more than 20 minutes before being invited over to their house. I had a snack, watched their gigantic plasma screen tv, sat in their swank living room, and helped their daughter Yuki with her English homework. It was great. I didn't go home until 6:30 when I needed to be back for dinner.
Low- Rotary asked if they would be my next host family but their whole family will be gone for several weeks in January so it's a no go.
Lower-Low- My host Rotary club counselor was upset with me for trying to make plans to visit friends during winter break. He says that because I didn't consult him before everyone else, my club might not let me go stay with Ayano Baba's family and visit Sendai with Chisaki's family to see my past Rotary brother, Ryota. It was just such a disappointment to have my host mom and him come down on my plans to finally be social and travel. I really hope things will improve in the coming weeks but the fact that I am still going to be at this house for 2 1/2 more months has really got me feeling low right now. I skyped with Maria and Mom after my counselor's talk because I really needed to lay everything out to someone. I can't believe how much I miss my family right now. This may be one of my lowest points so far on exchange. Time to just stay quiet for a few days and hope everything blows over...

2 comments:

  1. Things will get better before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will email you tomorrow after school... crazy day, but be ready for a long one. love love love xoxo scrap

    ReplyDelete