Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28, 2009-

Today was one of those days where you look back and in many ways it seems like it’s taken forever, yet you realize, “Oh my gosh, I feel like I just woke up!” I’ve had quite a few of those lately at school and although it’s not exactly how I’d like to spend my days here I think it shows that I’ve at least gotten into the routine of life.

In honor of Halloween my host brother brought his daughters’ favorite movie for me to watch. 魔女の宅急便 Majo no Takkyūbin” or in English “Kiki’s Delivery Service.” It was made by Disney/Studio Ghibli back in 1989 and is a Japanese classic. Although it has nearly nothing to do with Halloween the main character does happen to be a 13-year-old witch with her talking black cat. The Japanese go all out for these animated clips so the graphics were fun and the story itself is youthful but exciting. If you’ve got kids (or like more than a couple of my friends, are still a child at heart) then it’s a fun and very Japanese way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Update on the Swine: I’m feeling fine. I think I ate bad fish on Monday so my stomach was in pain yesterday but I’m doing better now. Thanks for the well wishes. As my BFF Sam Weaver advised me to do: I might just have to take some ancient, magic potion. Maybe I’ll go ask Kiki!

1 comment:

  1. I WATCHED THAT MOVIE ALLLLLLL THE TIME WHEN I WAS LITTLE THIS IS SO BIZARRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most definietly skypey-skype worthy... among other things :) much to tell you and all my love, got your postcard, haven't smiled so big the whole time i've been here :) scrap

    ReplyDelete