Very little to report from my end today so I think it’s about time for another list, don’t you? (This picture does make sense, look closely for #9)
The Top Ten Easiest Ways to Share Your American Culture:
1) Introduce your classmates to such artists as The Fray, Jason Mraz, Taylor Swift, Akon, Beyoncé, T.I., and Lady Gaga
2) Show them your drivers license…they are left amazed
3) Show them your passport with a picture of you age 15…they are left laughing
4) Offer to help them do their English homework and basically complete the whole assignment for them
5) Show them pictures of your house buried in snow
6) Describe a snow day
7) Describe that your high school back home has no dress code *CAUTION: The boys will begin to ask many questions about the types of outfits high school girls wear, apparently they have trouble differentiating hookers and high school students*
8) Explain that you fish for Walleye and Northern pike (then proceed to find out that the Japanese name for pike means “River Barracuda” and feel way cooler saying you fish for “River Barracudas” than pike)
9) Give your classmates Skittles. Half of them may think it’s gum and try to chew it for a remarkably long time before you tell them otherwise.
10) SMILE, duh!