Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday, September 19, 2009-

Today the sunset was an incredible dark red sinking into the mountains further west. It made me the most homesick I have been thus far. I missed my family sitting on our old porch swing facing westward, perhaps as if looking to Japan. I felt a sudden longing to go to church, the cabin and the boundary waters. I thought of Grandpa Beske. All of that just looking at the sun fall away - falling away just in time to rise over Minnesota.

Thanks to everyone for their comments on the blog. It has honestly been so encouraging to know that I have this many people stopping in to see what I’ve been up to. I guess I’m just at that first dip in the “Rotary Rollercoaster” as we like to call it. I am doing fine now, but I think those brief moments of struggle are what I will look back on and appreciate most from the year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam-
    We love checking your blog! The downs let you appreciate the ups more...Don't let them overwhelm you.- Quinn and Q's mom

    ReplyDelete