Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, January 30, 2010-

Today I found pieces of peace from my life back home:

1) Spending an afternoon watching Masahito's 12-year-old boys soccer team play on a dusty field with the tall Nasu mountains rising behind them
2) I ate lunch with the people from the Kobayashi's store. Nothing fancy, just soup, salad, and rice, but what I enjoyed most about it was the fact that a dozen random people ranging from ages 19 to 70-something could all share a cramped table in the back kitchen, laughing and chatting away like they do every day, but today they included me as if I'd been sitting down with them for years
3) Dinner tonight was a big, medium rare steak, just like I like it! It's been over five months since I've eaten steak. I've had hamburgers and even rice burgers here in Japan, but I've not had a steak since my going away party last summer. Amazing how many memories I associate with Dad cooking out on the grill
4) I watched a Friends episode before going to bed
and
5) I am waking up early tomorrow morning to go into Tokyo again! Actually this time it's into Chiba prefecture but I have to take a train through Tokyo to get there. Me, Max, and some of the Rotex are going to Tokyo Disney Sea for the entire day (as in "I'll be gone from 7 am to 10:30 pm" all day! Wish me luck). It's going to be a blast, I can't wait. I'll update everyone on that once I get a chance. Hope all is well back home, it was fun to have a couple little bits America again. As many parts of Japan as I've really grown to enjoy, I am also realizing that deep down I enjoy aspects of my American life much more than I thought I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment