Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursday, January 28 & Friday, January 29, 2010-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! お誕生日おめでとう!! I hope you’re having a great day =)

I got to skip school again today (another day of ずる休み!For my Japanese followers :] ). This morning I woke up at 4:30 in order to go to Gunma Prefecture with my host dad and Shima, one of the workers at the Hiyashia store, in order to pick up 100,000 fish!! That’s right, we loaded up 100,000 inch-long Ayu fish into their fish-transporting-beast of a truck and drove them back to their new home here in Nakagawa. Although I am not at all a morning person I did find a great deal of peace riding passenger seat in a tall truck driving the deserted Japanese back roads at 5 in the morning, an enormous full moon hovering just off the horizon dead ahead of us. The light from the giant golden globe lit the passing fields, forests, and sleeping houses in a perfect yellow glow. It was a very fun drive and excursion. Well worth missing school! I had never been to Gunma Prefecture either (it’s the region to the West of Tochigi-ken where I’m living), so I am able to cross that off my list as well now. That makes eleven Japanese prefectures (“states”) that I have been to now. I’m very lucky to have seen so much. Hopefully that will continue until I leave in mid-July.

Shima driving with the sunrise in the rearview mirror
Those are all tiny Ayu swarming for breakfast
Shima working on the truck. Each of those three tanks are full of fish, The mountains in the background at the Northwest border of Gunma-ken
The tank that we took them to in the Kobayashi's fishery

No comments:

Post a Comment