Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Saturday, December 26, 2009 & Tuesday, January 5, 2010 [Combo 4]-

The day of the 26th was spent taking a train from Ryota’s area up north, back to Tochigi. The train was packed, as many people were busy preparing for New Years. We were picked up at the train station by my host mother and spent the day at our house getting ready for the Sato’s Christmas party. By 7 o’clock there were a dozen or so people filling their living room eating sushi, cake, fried shrimp, sandwiches, eggs, roast beef, and cheese. Get this, I even made my Grandma Beske’s plätter (Swedish pancakes) for them; with a little sugar and butter, they love them. It was a very kind thing for them to throw a Christmas party and I really appreciated them showing me a good time. I’m also glad Ryota was able to come because after dinner, Ryota and I headed to the onsen (hot springs) and watched a movie. I think Ryota fell asleep before the previews were over, but it was still fun to have him stay with us.

Today, I slept in until 11, ate a late lunch, cleaned my room, and went out to bowling and sushi with Simon Sigier and his host family. Simon is changing host families tomorrow and will go from a very, very remote country town (population around 800) to the heart of Otawara city (population around 100,000) so he is kind of excited for a change of pace. I hope everything goes well for him. Now I’m just packing for my ski trip tomorrow and Thursday (that means I won’t blog tomorrow, sorry) and filling out the University of Denver Housing Application. Strange to have to start worrying about college again…

Yummy yummy in my tummy
プレッタが懐かしい! "Natsukashii" That's how you say "I miss plätter" (it's pronounced pletta, for those who haven't heard of it...at least that's how my family's always said it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment