Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday, December 11, 2009-

Today was one of those days I really hoped it wouldn’t rain, then it rained, and now I’m super happy it did! Haha, what does that say about me??

Anyway, today was the Bato High School All School Run. They called it a marathon (and at times if felt like that) but it was actually 14 kilometers. It was a very twisted, steep road up in the mountains to boot! I ran with four of my classmates the whole time; and by ran I mean we ran the first 3 kilometers, then jogged a bit, then walked a lot…and then sprinted the last kilometer! Haha I did actually have a fun time. The drizzle was constant and at times I was freezing but we laughed a lot and I was able to snap a couple cool shots. Below is a peak at our day.

But best of all we finished at noon (I came in 75th of 300 students [yes the girls had to run too!]) and had a big steaming bowl of soup waiting for us. We were able to go back home early and as soon as I had taken a hot shower, I turned on my heating blanket, curled up under three big down comforters, and played xmas music in the background. It was one of the best naps I’ve ever taken…in fact I think I’m headed back to bed right now!

Tanaka-kun and Seiya
Me and Tanaka
We reached the top!
Haha, Obaasan at the mountain well!
I told you it was twisted
And steep...
But we passed by some awesome countryside
Look to the forest behind
Bamboo poles
Plastic Tulips and Mountain Shrines
The rain was keeping this mountain stream flowing
In the summer, these would be rice paddies
It makes me wonder how old some of these buildings are. Probably several dozen years at the least
I couldn't believe it when I spotted these autumn leaves and flowers. Somethings are still holding on
The Japanese Citrons
and Kaki Persimmons
Purple Berries
And Bright Red Ones!
Oh the things you'll find on a rainy day hike...

1 comment:

  1. those purple berries look STRANGE but COOL and i love love LOVE persimmons!

    ReplyDelete