Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, October 12, 2009-

Today was national Health and Fitness Day. It meant no school once again so during the afternoon my host mom took me to a shopping center twenty minutes away where she bought rice cakes and fish before we had tea (so Asian!!) Anyway, once I got home I spent the last hour or so of sunlight biking down to the river. I’ve had lots and lots of free time here and it’s in some ways been nice. But I’ve learned that I prefer a full schedule with lots of social interactions. Nights have been a little slow…But as Rachael Stets (web.me.com/rachael.stets/czechstets/Blog/Blog.html) said in her latest two blogs: I digress! Enjoy the pictures and the Japanese Characters for each one.

COUNTRY COLORS

黄色い - Kiiroi - Yellow
緑 - Midori - Green
渋色 - Shibuiro - Tan
青い - Aoi - Blue
灰色 - Haiiro - Ashen
紅 - Kurenai - Crimson
銀色 - Giniro - Silver
金色 - Kiniro - Golden
影 - Kage - Silhouette
夕映え - Yuubae - Sunset Glow

4 comments:

  1. i love how i just got done reading rachael's blog about american stereotypes and mosaics and i then came to yours where i'm given a lesson in colors in japanese..... both are absolutely perfect :) haha, but really i hope all is moving right along there dear, i'm up for skyping when.ev.er. just lemme know! x's and o's scrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, so much fun reading your blog. Sounds like you have a little free time, But busy when things start to get going. I am sure you will enjoy it all and have a lot more to tell us when you get home.
    Do they celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas as we do?
    Well you will be happy to know we have snow on the ground, some places as much as 1 to 2 inches.Not ready for this yet. We have our club dinner and meeting Wed. night, so that should be fun and well attended. They day you went to the (cenetery) sounded very interesting, and I am sure it was different to you.
    Guess this is all of my rattling on. Kristen and Rachel were over here Sunday for dinner and Kris straigten our my computor. The young man that fixed it (took out 570) viruses. and he put some things in different places than I wanted them. Oh Well It Works Now.
    Love to you,
    Anna Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete