Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday, June 3, 2010-

It’s already eleven at night and I have had yet another killer day of fun. This time my host family’s bank hosted a day of Cirque du Soleil in Tokyo meaning my host mom and I got to go with.

“How was it?” you ask. Well, to put it lightly, Cirque du Soleil single handedly taught me a whole new meaning of the term mind-blowing. They pulled off the incredible only to be followed by the impossible. I am still turning some of the stunts and performances over in my mind and I cannot understand how a human body could bend, twist, flip, jump, crawl, dance or fly like theirs did today…absolutely unreal!!

It’s late, I’m tired and because the darn usher lady (who was dressed like a clown, by the way, making it really hard to take her seriously) scolded me for trying to sneak photographs, I only have a handful of shots from the day. Therefore I grabbed a couple off of Google, uploaded the few pictures I do have, and even shared the link to the program's homepage below. Actually I recommend you click on the link, it'll only take a second, because when you open it, a really cool 30-second clip of the show comes on so you can can a glimpse of the show. So there you have it, the end to a fantastic day – again!

Check out the website, it's worth it: http://www.zed.co.jp/home_en.php

ZED is the name of the resident Cirque du Soleil performance here in Tokyo. It focuses on a main character, Zed (Upper Left), who brings together the people of the sky and of the earth.
Copying directly from the program, acts included: Bungee, Flying Trapeze, Charivari, Hand to Hand, Juggling, Clowns, Straps, Batons, High Wire Tightrope, Lassos, Banquine, Poles and Trampoline and Solo Tissue.
This is one that I snapped right at the beginning, those are clown in front of us. We were seated in perfect position, right in the middle, five rows back!!
The opening act was enough to show us we were in for a treat
Yet another fun, fast and intense performance featuring ropes, flips, and lots of spinning
This is when the crazy clown usher came and stopped me. Sorry =(
My host mom at lunch
Our first course
That's the bank VP across from me, he reminded me of a bespectacled Justin Stets
Tajima-San from the Rotary Club also works at the bank
Our awesome dessert: Mango White Chocolate Cake, Grapefruit Sorbet, Crème Brule, and a Egg Yoke Pudding with Currants

No comments:

Post a Comment