Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday, March 11, 2010-

Short but sweet. The best news I've gotten in 2010? The fact that everything has now fallen into place for my cousin Andrew Beske to come visit me in Japan for a full week this May! Can't wait for what promises to be a ridiculously fun trip in which we will take time to see Tokyo, visit the hot spring region near Mt. Fuji, and onward until we reach Kyoto. The last city, Kyoto, is actually an ancient capital of Japan, it is extremely famous for beautiful buildings, castles, old style districts, geishas, and even an occasional samurai...okay not real samurai, they were all disbanded last century, but for a handsome fee you can dress up like one and hold a sharp sword! Haha.
I think I'm as happy as Andrew was when we took this picture on my driveway over sixteen years ago! That's him practically suffocating me in a bear hug I can only assume my mother encouraged him to make in order to capture a sweet moment on film. But it's true, I can't wait till you arrive at the Narita airport in only TWO MONTHS, my man. Just promise you won't greet me like this, okay?! Can't wait. It'll be a super big highlight to my spring, and hopefully enough motivation to get you through finals at Creighton. Seriously, two months is like nothing. I've been in Japan for nearly seven months!! What's another couple?

No comments:

Post a Comment