Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday, March 15 – Tuesday, March 23, 2010-

Wow, a whole week without a decent blog. And you might still feel that way after tonight's as well! I feel so off my game, having missed nearly five days due to a wicked stomach virus I have hardly felt myself lately, and I am still going about in a haze. I could hardly tell you what I’ve done today, and even if I could remember I wouldn’t bore you with it (half day of school: soccer, English, library, library, home, lunch, skype Andrew and Liz in Omaha, watch プルーフオブライフ “Proof of Life” -an old Meg Ryan/Russel Crowe kidnapping movie- on the Japanese internet, more tv, read Sherlock Holmes, ofuro, bed, blog, zzzzzz). See aren’t you glad you bothered to read that?!?

The sad truth is that the highlight of my week was getting my haircut. I got it real short, so short that I can’t remember being able to run my hands through my hair like this since perhaps elementary school. It’s as close as you can get to a buzz cut before you’ve actually got to use the clippers. I am excited for the fact that spring is now fully arrived here in Japan and this was my way to celebrate.

Tomorrow is my last day of the school year, meaning I will soon become a third year student in the Japanese standard of high school. I will have nearly three weeks of Spring break ahead of me, which will be nice. Isn’t it perfect how I pretty much never do have school anymore, though? It should help my spring and summer zoom by. In no time at all I’ll be boarding that plane to come home on July 11th. That is the official date now. So go ahead and plan the parades and national holidays for the eleventh. Is three and a half months enough time to schedule the President’s visit AND to book Beyoncé? I want her to sing something distinctly “American” as I walk off the plane, i.e. the national anthem or America the Beautiful or the hokey-pokey or something. You know, just something to tell me I’m really home! Oh, but of course this will all be a surprise, right? Okay, I get it! Not another word out of me. My lips are sealed =X

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam,
    Nice haircut. Seriously! I like the look. Maybe I'll do the same over here now that the snow is gone. I hope you have recovered from the stomach virus. Sounds nasty, and I know that you do not need these extreme weight loss programs at this point in time! All for now. I am so pleased to hear that things are going well. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your Dad was a little boy, he always had a buzz cut and he was five years old before we discovered he had some wave to his hair! Grandma Estenson

    ReplyDelete